JG Ingenieros provides construction management engineering services for the remodeling and extension of the Camp Nou, in a joint venture with TORRELLA Consulting, with the contract to develop two main functions:
- Lead the development of the detailed design, to be carried out by the construction company.
- Carry out the construction management.
The project basically includes:
- the demolition of the upper tier of the stadium (the third tier) and the canopy of the main stand
- construction of a new third tier that will increase the capacity of the stadium to almost 110,000 spectators, the largest stadium by capacity in Europe
- construction of a new roof (45,000 m2, with 6,000 m2 of integrated photovoltaic panels) that will protect all spectators from the rain.
- It also improves all the entrances to the stadium, the first and second stands, the company boxes (approximately 90), the exclusive areas for players, the car parks, the museum… practically the entire stadium will be renovated.
All these affectations are summarized in 75,000 m2 of renovation 220,000 m2 of new construction.
Promoter: Futbol Club Barcelona
Engineering : TORRELLA Consulting – JG INGENIEROS, UTE
Start-End Date: 2023 – ongoing