JG Ingenieros is the leading architecture and engineering team for the design and construction management of the data center that the alliance formed between Merlin Properties and Edged Energy needed to build. This project is developed together with Torrella Ingeniería-Arquitectura.
The project consists of the construction of a three-storey data center and a four-storey office block and is currently starting the construction phase. It is fully coordinated through the implementation and use of BIM methodology.
The design criteria have sought to optimize the following factors:
- Reduction of construction deadlines: Industrialization of the works execution process.
- Energy efficiency: Constant improvement of the PUE (power usage effectiveness).
- Sustainability: Trend towards Carbon Neutral.
- Optimization of operating costs.
- Security: from redundant equipment to redundant DC.
- Investment cost. Repercussion per m² built or MW installed.
The project has an optimal location near the Spanish capital, where the largest concentration of data centers and cloud services in southern Europe is located. In addition, from Madrid there are various fiber optic connections to the submarine cables that reach the peninsula.
The center has the following characteristics:
- Critical load capacity; 20MW
- On-site battery storage: 40 MWh
- Densities up to 40 kW per cabinet
- Annualized PUE (Power Utilization Effectiveness): 1.15
Promoter: MERLIN Properties SOCIMI, SA
End: 2020 – In process