JG Ingenieros is the leading architecture and engineering team for the design and construction management of the data center that the alliance formed between Merlin Properties and Edged Energy needed to build. This project is developed together with Torrella Ingenieria- Arquitectura.
The project consists of the construction of a two-story data center and a three-story office block. The project is fully coordinated through the application and use of BIM methodology.
The design criteria have sought to optimize the following factors:
- Reduction of construction deadlines: Industrialization of the works execution process.
- Energy efficiency: Constant improvement of the PUE (power usage effectiveness).
- Sustainability: Trend towards Carbon Neutral.
- Optimization of operating costs.
- Security: from redundant equipment to redundant DC.
- Investment cost. Repercussion per m² built or MW installed.
The project has a very successful location within the city. Barcelona has become a HUB (Center of operations) for the main start-ups and global companies in the technology sector. It has direct access to submarine cables with low latency links to Asia, Africa, Europe and North America.
The center has the following characteristics:
- Critical load capacity; 16MW
- On-site battery storage: 32 MWh
- Densities up to 40 kW per cabinet
- Annualized PUE (Power Utilization Effectiveness): 1.15
Promoter: MERLIN Properties SOCIMI, SA
End: 2020 – In process